Last night’s show was fun. There were a few live listeners, so things are picking up! Still no callers on the program (at least none who were calling about the topic), but that’s ok. It’s a short show, so I’m fine with doing it all myself. (Though it would be fun to have some back and forth to mix things up. Hint.)
Anyway, here’s the stream of the show. Hope you enjoy.
You can also download the MP3 here, if you’d rather pull it into your mobile world.
Please leave comments here if you have any thoughts or suggestions. I went ahead and sprung for the premium membership, so I can do a 2-hr show if I want. But that would require some audience participation, or I’d end up playing 5-10 songs during the course of the program.
And finally – here are a few links to some things mentioned during the show, and a couple of extras that you might find entertaining.
- Eric Orton, Christopher McDougall’s coach in Born To Run, has a social network at www.runningwitheric.com. Check it out for videos on proper running form, strength-building exercises, and circuit training. He also has Training Programs for purchase – ranging from strength-building to training for half-marathon, marathon, and ultra-marathon distances.
- Dr. Daniel Lieberman is a Harvard professor of Biomechanics. He is featured in Born To Run, and he has recently put up a website that communicates some of the latest research that has been published by his group. It’s got tons of information on human evolution and how it relates to running. It also covers running shoes and the difference in force associated with heel-striking versus midfoot striking. Go to http://www.barefootrunning.fas.harvard.edu/ to get the details. Very interesting.
- If you want to read some interesting stuff from barefoot extremists, check out Barefoot Ken Bob’s site. Yeah, that’s really his name, and he looks EXACTLY like you’d expect. Interesting reading, but not my bag. http://runningbarefoot.org/
- Here’s Scott Jurek’s site. He’s just flat-out amazing. http://www.scottjurek.com
- And for those who have read the book and would like to see some pics of the Tarahumara and of some of the scenes from the book, check out Luis Escobar’s site. http://allwedoisrun.com/tarahumara.htm
- And here’s Caballo Blanco’s site. It’s exactly what you’d expect. http://www.caballoblanco.com/
- Lastly, if you’re really interested in the Ultramarathon deal, check out Tony Krupicka’s blog. Not only is he a badass runner, he’s also a gifted writer – his recollections of races are terrific. http://antonkrupicka.blogspot.com/